The Magpul Zhukov Handguard is a fully-featured AK forearm for the modern AK. The Zhukov Handguard casts aside traditional AK forearm shortcomings and offers an extended option for modern shooting techniques, an aluminum chassis for strength and heat dispersion, a comfortable injection molded exterior for superior ergonomics, and M-LOK slots for optimized accessory attachment.
Compatible with the Ultimak gas tube rail for optics mounting, the Zhukov Handguard redefines functionality for the modern AK platform.
Installation requires permanent removal of the handguard retainer.
Made in U.S.A.
- Extended length provides large gripping surface for modern shooting techniques as well as additional accessory mounting positions
- Mounts to most AK-47/AKM/AK-74 rifles with barrels between 16.75-18.25 mm in diameter under the handguard and greater than 13" in length*
- Full length, hard anodized, aluminum chassis clamps directly to barrel and provides for flex-free mounting as well as excellent heat shielding
- Durable polymer outer cover
- Slots at the three, six, and nine o'clock positions for mounting direct-attach M-LOK accessories or M-LOK 1913 Picatinny rail sections
- Includes replacement polymer Top Cover
- Compatible with UltiMAK Optics Mount top cover
- Zhukov Handguard
- Weight, w/ Top Cover: 15.1 oz.
- Length, maximum: 11.7 in.
- Width: 1.8 in.
- Height, w/o Top Cover: 2.1 in.
*NOTE: The Zhukov Handguard requires the permanent removal of the factory handguard retaining cap and forward sling mount if so equipped. Please ensure your barrel diameter under the handguard falls between 16.75-18.25 millimeters before cutting your retaining cap!
Due to the wide range of tolerances of your typical AK, minor additional fitting may be required. Not compatible with Yugo pattern rifles.
WARNING: Due to extended Handguard length, barrels less than 13" long are not recommended.
**Specifications based on factory configuration. Weight of Top Cover 1.1 oz.